Thursday, December 02, 2004

Leftovers

[Not enough to make a full meal of any of these, so here's the tidbits I've got left over...]

My finance class group came over Sunday to work on our third and final case study. I cleaned house, so they were rightly impressed. Tina even came over, and she didn't seem too shy. She brought Todd a piece of cake from a restaurant downtown, and I playfully whined about it a little. She brought me a piece of cake to class Wednesday night, and I teased her for a while that it needed a sticker on top that said "baked with love from Tina's kitchen." I was thinking about all the comments y'all left about her having a crush on me. Nothing came of my teasing, of course, and the cake was tonight's dinner.

The Annoying Professor's class is over and the villagers rejoiced (hurrah!) Well, both classes are over, but I'm especially glad to be rid of The Annoying One. Of course she left me with one more tidbit to obsess over, so let me set it up properly for you: Imagine you're presenting something. After the big build-up, you pull back the curtain and say "voila!" right? Not The Annoying One. She says "WALLAH!" and I bet she writes it that way too. I wrote her a polite, but critical, note on her end-of-semester evaluation that if she's going to tell the class over and over how perfect she is, it would help if she were actually perfect.

And if yesterday's entry gave you [aside: I'm specifically referring to Bonnie Heather here (aside aside: bonus points if you know why I always call her Bonnie Heather)] the impression that I'm all mature and shit, I'll tell you how juvenile I can be: In a recent lecture by The Annoying One while describing some analytical process she said, "Here's what you don't do..." and I start giggling. The guy sitting next to me starts giggling too (aside: don't worry, we were in a huge lecture hall, so no chance of getting busted) because we both know what's coming next...wait for it...she finished, "...here's what you do do." *snort!*

9 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger Heather said...

a) That reminds me of Peter Griffin.

b) I didn't know guys "giggled".

c) I've always wondered where the "Bonnie" came from. Is this the part where everyone but me knows what's going on, and then we play "Everyone Make Fun of Heather's Ignorance"? Because I don't like being persecuted for my youth...

d) Sorry, I don't hang out with skanky sorority girls, so it would be weird for me to have pictures of them. I suppose I could send you a picture of myself in a short skirt, but I can assure you it wouldn't be nearly enjoyable as if said skanky sorority sister photos were available.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

Bonnie means pretty -- I always assumed that was it. An enjoyable entry, as always, tidbits or no. I enjoyed the lecture hall tale, as I'd have been giggling with you.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Allie said...

i assumed the Bonnie part was a scottish reference - like a wee bonnie lass ... it's a compliment ...

and damnit. now i want cake.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

WALLAH! DO DO!!! (henc, henc).

I'm sorry you don't have her anymore.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

Oh, and I'm going to go out on a limb and get specific with the bonnie and the heather. Could you be making a reference to yourself as The Highlander?

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Bonnie Heather- You're so untrusting, we're going to have to work on that in future sessions. Your punishment is to send me pictures of yourself in a short skirt.

Yes, 'bonnie' is Scottish for 'pretty', as Heather is a Scottish name, and the specific reference is from the movie Highlander. Props to Z. (note: More than half of what I say or write is pinched from television or film...if a reference gets by you, raise your hand and ask.)

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Heather said...

::raises hand::...Excuse me, Mr. Tinyhands?

(Mr. Tinyhands turns his attention to the small blue-eyed girl at the back of the class...The one who shows up late every day and only speaks if she has a negative opinion. He supposes she really only comes to class to make trouble. He predicts she'll graduate at the top of her class from Harvard law school in 6 or 7 years.)

Mr. Tinyhands, as flattering as my unofficial title is, I must point out that you've never seen me. How do you know it's not an inaccurate pet name?

And by the way, Mr. Tinyhands, as I am not a skanky sorority girl (nor do I have the legs of one), I don't make a habit of wearing short skirts. So I really don't have any pictures of myself fitting that description. Sorry to whet your appetite and then back out.

Although, as my teacher, it really is inappropriate for you to request such a thing anyway.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Houghin' Heather- Very well, have it your way. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt since I was sure you have a great embouchure. Hope you like the new nickname. [Spellings vary, but I will not translate- you'll have to Google it yourself] And very cruel to offer short-skirt photos to a single man then chicken out.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I was kidding. See, there's this thing called sarcasm that I use sometimes, and basically, it's when I say things that I don't really mean for the sake of getting a laugh or making a point.

And I was drugged up on cold medication.

So feel free to continue daily boosting my self-esteem. Please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home