Sunday, November 28, 2004

I just got it

I watched Gattaca this evening. I totally get everything about that movie, but the name didn't make any sense. Since I'm the kind of person who would obsess about that sort of thing, I had to watch it over and over until I got it. The name 'Gattaca' uses only the letters (ATCG) used to represent the 4 basic amino acids that compose DNA, one of the major things in the film. The movie was made in 1997 and I just figured it out. Of course, when I looked it up on IMDB to make sure I was spelling it right and to check the year I see the bit of trivia at the bottom of the entry. I told you I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

7 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Allie said...

i thought this was going to be an entry on sex.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

I saw that movie right after it came out on video. That's when Jude Law went to #1 on my list.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

ATCG is the *one* thing I remember from Biology 220: adenine, thiamin, cytosine, guanine.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Allie said...

stacey is a smart cookie ... ummmmm cookie!!!!!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

EVERY entry is about sex.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Allie said...

you said "entry" AND "sex"
hubba hubba!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

Ok so I just now got what the movie name was all about..thank goodness I have your blog to peruse everyday or I would be completely uninformed...at least someone's a little less smart than you, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home