Monday, November 15, 2004

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...

Got my haircut today. Monday afternoon haircuts are great, since you can just walk in, snip snip, go home. Getting my haircut always reminds me of going to confession: It's one on one, you tell [her] how long it's been since the last time you were there, you tell [her] all the bad things you've done [to your hair], you drop a tip in the jar and leave feeling better about yourself.

At any rate, I got the prettiest Persian woman in the world cutting my hair. She washed my hair too, which is usually delegated to the beginning stylists but when it's not busy I guess they can't afford anyone sitting around. So imagine my delight at having this woman lay me back in the chair, run her fingers through my wet hair, then towel me dry. The best part was having her shave my neck. The electric clippers they use for the fine hair tickles just a little bit, which drives me WILD, and to top it off she would blow little puffs of air to clear away the clippings. Blowing on my neck like that, I was seriously considering committing some sort of sex act I'd have to explain to a judge in open court. It's a good thing I was wearing the cape, let me tell you. It's dangerous to fantasize too much though since the shaving is the last thing they typically do, so you don't have much time from when she's done shaving and the cape comes off. Nobody wants to see me having a 9th grade moment at the mall.

Walked the mall again. There's some pretty decent sales going on, and some pretty decent salesgirls too. One in particular at the rhinestone hair-clip shoppe. It's all chick stuff in there, so I have no excuse to go in, not that I'd know what to do if I did. Saw the new 2005 calendars at the MoMA store- I want the Japanese art prints calendar.

I seem to do some pretty good thinking at the mall. Today's nugget: If the meek shall inherit the earth, who has to die for me to get my share now?

15 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

You have no idea what you've just done to me. Jethro's always had the same girl cut his hair. She's Vietnamese, and I know she thinks Jeth is hot. Not being over-burdened by jealousy, I've always just giggled at it. Lately he's been getting his hair cut from other ladies. Now I'm wondering what's "up" and I'm wracked with insecurity. Her fingernails are long and manicured - perfect for washing hair, and she always washes Jethro's for free. My fingernails are kind of short and scruffy and I don't have a chair that leans back into the sink. {Gulp} Perhaps I, too, am having a 9th grade moment.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

Sorry. Blogger double posted.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

But even if you don't use it for washing hair, I'm sure you two would wear out the springs in any chair that reclines. ;)

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

If you ever find yourself in Japan, never, ever try to get a Monday afternoon haircut. You'll be doomed to disappointment. Every hairdresser in Japan is closed on Mondays.

(So is every health club and swimming pool.)

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

Good point. Everything seems less scary at 10am than at 2am.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

I remember your post about finding a hairdresser in Japan who can cut your hair...funny stuff, your troubles :)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger AGB 1 said...

This same girl always cuts my hair and I have to admit, I'm kind of sweet on her. She washes my hair too and it's awesome.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Daz- Do you ever get that 'Pretty Woman' feeling, like you want to say to her, "Let me take you away from all this hair and Barbicide"?

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Holy crap! I found a blog via the "Next Blog" button that doesn't suck. I actually chuckled here. Alert the Four Horsemen.

Thanks, Mr. Tinyhands man.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Tasty said...

This is good to know. Also, I used to always say, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" to my college roommates when I woke up, 'cause, though I clean up reeeeeal nice, I look like graphite-covered death when I awake.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Heather said...

The *correct* quote is, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because your boyfriend thinks so."

And I'm sure it's okay to change certain words to make it gender and sexual orientation appropriate.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Mike- It's about damn time someone else randomly found me.

Stacey- I bet looking like a #2 pencil in college is dangerous. Dammit people, stop using me to bubble-in your forms!

Heather- Sorry, don't hate me because I'm HANDSOME. Hate me because your GAY boyfriend thinks so. Better?

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

mmmm... I love it when they give me that shampoo. It's like a free scalp massage. Plus it smells good.

Kind of makes it worth the $30 for a haircut.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Heather said...

That was really low. Why'd you have to go and drag my gay boyfriend into this?

It's not like he's actually come out of the closet. I just have my suspicions...Well-founded suspicions...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home