Thursday, October 05, 2006

Goodbye


Sleep, little Baby, sleep,
The holy Angels love thee,
And guard thy bed, and keep
A blessed watch above thee.
No spirit can come near
Nor evil beast to harm thee:
Sleep, Sweet, devoid of fear
Where nothing need alarm thee.

The Love which doth not sleep,
The eternal arms around thee:
The shepherd of the sheep
In perfect love has found thee.
Sleep through the holy night,
Christ-kept from snare and sorrow,
Until thou wake to light
And love and warmth to-morrow.
Holy Innocents -Christina Georgina Rossetti

10 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger tonia said...

I'm so sorry...

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Allie said...

you know how i feel about this. call if you wanna make words.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger TheTart said...

What a sweet face.
Many lovely memories I am sure.

Many hugs & kisses,
The Tart
; *

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

i'm sorry. call me if you need anything at all.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Leese said...

I'm sorry TH.

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

:(

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Jack said...

I'm very sorry, amigo.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Sass said...

aww my friend - i am so sorry. I hope your able to go for a nice long bike ride today and enjoy the day for her.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

I'm sorry. (hug)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Beautiful poem, beautiful dog, beautiful goodbye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home