Thursday, August 17, 2006

Got To Get You Into My Life

Interviewer: So we really liked your resume and I'm glad you were able to come in.
Me: Uh huh.

Him: We think you'd be a really good fit and we're prepared to make you an offer.
Me: Yeah, I don't know about the whole work-life balance thing.

Him: Ok, we've got a great subsidized cafeteria, a health-club and, of course, free parking.
Me: ...

Him: Did you have any specific questions?
Me: See, I'm just not sure that I can get here before 10am. I mean, I can but I just don't want to. I suspect that will be a source of tension between us.

Him: I see. We do ask that our employees work a full 8-hours from 8-5. We're prepared to offer you a salary upwards of $75k.
Me: You must be up out 'cho mind. *walks*

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

Like a full 8 hours? In a row? Every day? Yeah, I'd've walked too.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

What??? That's a lie. You only need to do that the first couple weeks. Then you start slipping out for lunch. Then gradually you come in a little later in the morning, start at 15 minutes and work your way up. And then you "have plans in the evening" so you start to leave a little earlier.

Before you know it, you'll have the schedule you want and the benefits you desire AND you can claim you're "always so busy" and a "productive member of society."

Not that I speak from experience.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Yeah, but does their health club come with a certified massage therapist?

No?!??

Screw you guys, I'm going home!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

KCTL- I've come to the realization that if I get a job, any job, I just wind up hating it and then becoming one of THOSE bloggers who constantly bitches about work. I figure I'm doing you, my readers, a favor the least of which you could repay by chipping in on the mortgage.

J- I dunno, they're gonna want me to like, work and stuff. I can do better.

Beth- I don't suppose the work-sponsored massage includes a happy-ending, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home