Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm Only Sleeping

Interesting connection I just realized: When I feel the world is dull and grey, that there's no color in my life and nothing gives me pleasure, I over-eat. I've gained about 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks and I think it's because I'm trying to get pleasure out of food where there is no other pleasure to be found. I just love to eat food (as opposed to the alternative) so it stands to reason that if I'm trying to compensate for other displeasures, I'd eat more.

Something that makes me sad: Deleting someone's number out of my phone, email out of my address book, and bookmark out of my favorites. On the bright side- a full bag of kettle chips.

Subliminal message: While in an email conversation today, composing a lengthy response, I wrote "I don't need to worry about me" when I obviously intended to write "you". The mind plays funny tricks sometimes. Sometimes I'm just stupid.

But not as interesting as my friend with whom I can't have a conversation that doesn't include at least one Freudian slip. While discussing New Coke vs. Coke Classic (granted, an outdated conversation) she mentioned that she likes old Cock better. So have one and a smile.

9 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger The Grunt said...

You sound a lot like a good friend of mine who went through some serious betrayal. He made it through and is better off. Man, stick with it, positive stuff, and you will triumph!

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Now see, if you were a woman you could blame those 5 pounds on bloating.

I do. All the time.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Allie said...

i like both the old cock and the new cock.

that doesn't make me slutty does it?

;)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my! That's one Freudian slip that Freud would be very proud of.

I indulge in chocolate when I'm down. It's a mean weakness.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Leese said...

You're probably eating the wrong food.

Try Häagen-Dazs'caramel cone ice cream. Always does the trick for me.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Grunt- Nah, I wouldn't say betrayal. Garden variety falling-out. I shall just drink myself silly, curl up on the floor to sleep, and wake up in a pool of my own sick. It's my solution to everything, including taxes.

J- If only I were 6'2" the weight wouldn't be a problem. ;)

Mimi- I can just imagine you in a blind taste-test.

JR- It hadn't occurred to me until you mentioned it that I'm fresh out. Now I'll be FORCED to leave the house today in search of and slave to the dark overlord.

Leese- I've never seen Caramel Cone in my local store (because I'd know) but I'm a BIG fan of their Creme Brulee and Dulce de Leche.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

*Ahem* What did you say was your solution to taxes?

Old cock or new, as long as they're not giant ones like the kind Jeanette loves to ride, cause they scare me. ;)

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Oh Beth, it's the getting on part that's scary. Once you're on, they're all the same. :P

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

I hear ya...I'm a stress eater myself, and if I'm not careful, the stress of moving will take it's toll on my ass. Literally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home