Sunday, August 13, 2006

In My Life

What really happened to the flowers:
A glass of red

I think Sass gave me her blockage, and it's a good thing her comments aren't working because I left a HUGE string of obscenities (I got really creative) that thankfully didn't post.*

Last week I joined a two-week class at the Museum called 'Sketching in the Galleries'. It is geared for adults and is supposed to be an introductory class. Although the instruction was introductory, I was the only one who had apparently never produced gallery-quality art. I left class the first evening in a foul mood, not having mastered sketching after 2 and a half hours. The evening of the second class started out really bad, since it had rained quite a bit and was still drizzling. [Cue the impossible traffic] In Houston, if it's raining (and also if it isn't) you basically can't get there from here. Doesn't matter where you've started. Doesn't matter where you're going. You can't get there from here. So I started the second session in a mood and, still not having mastered sketching after another 2 and a half hours, I left in a worse mood. It was all downhill from there and I have been profoundly depressed since then. No, of course the fact that I should never be allow to wield an art-pencil isn't the only reason. The dull, grey menace just happened to rear its head right about now and it sucks. The silver lining (you have to really want to see it) is that although I suck at sketching I can do calculus. I should be pretty happy in another couple of weeks though. That's how these things work.

*kidding Sass, well not about my blockage or that your comments aren't working

4 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Allie said...

i think you should really be concerned if you see a pink head rearing it's way towards you.

i crack me up...and think although you're not furry, you could pass for psychedelic.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Beth said...

"Another couple of weeks" is a long time to wait to be pretty happy. You should be happy now. I'm going to go find you a muse.

In the meantime, be glad that you have other skills besides calculus. You have great talent with entertaining insomniacs. :-P

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Leese said...

So what's wrong with Calculus? I barely passed it in college even after trying reaaaaally really hard at it.

And I second Beth. You should be happy now. Not later, not tomorrow, and certainly not in two weeks.

And no, happiness is NOT a warm gun.

;)

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Mimi- Thanks, I can FINALLY change it.

Beth- Insomniacs don't wake up wondering where they are, calling out to strange men.

Leese- There's nothing wrong with calculus, it's just that I'm so left-brained I worry about my head caving in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home