Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Continuing

Damn, that really screwed up my momentum, but thanks to all for the outpouring of sympathy. The deceased was a Shetland Sheepdog (aka Sheltie) that, although belonging to my parents, had a very special bond with me. She was a brilliant pup in her day, learning to ask to be let out into the backyard by ringing a hotel deskclerk bell. I taught her the difference between speaking and talking. (Speaking was a simple bark. Talking was a kind of friendly growl that ended with her tongue sticking out and was the funniest thing you never saw.) I was the only one who ever sat on the floor at her level, so she'd thank me by head-butting me, a recurring theme in my family. She, like most shelties, hated the water and got revenge on me once for threatening to throw her in the pool by peeing on me. In later life she became a therapy dog, visiting hospitals and nursing homes until she could no longer manage it. At the end she was stone deaf, her vision (and other bodily functions) failing, and badly arthritic. She was with us 15 1/2 years, but I still remember her as a little puff-ball gnawing furiously on my ankle, the highest point she could then reach.

I'm not as inconsolable as it might seem though. Unfortunately, most of you only get to see what little of my life I blog anymore. Mostly I'm just tired now. And hot. It's gotta be 95-degrees in here, but I can't get the A/C to come on for more than a minute or two because the thermostat is downstairs and it's already cool down there. Pain.in.the.ass.

I've been watching most of the new fall shows. I'm not going to link them here (because I'm lazy), but among the new shows that I like are (in no particular order): Studio 60, Heroes, Brothers & Sisters, and Six Degrees. I'm so-so about 30 Rock, The Nine, Ugly Betty, Men In Trees, and Jericho. I liked (the now cancelled) Smith and I hated (the still airing) The Class. None of the other new shows interested me. Not that you needed to know all of that.

I've also been listening to a lot of new music, none of which I'll list here (still lazy). Actually I'm not lazy, I'm stupid. This post was 'recovered' because I typed it all out once, then shut down the computer without saving it. There was a lot more, but now I'm just in a foul mood and am ending this.

4 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Beth said...

You're hot and in a foul mood, I'm cold and sick (thus, in a foul mood also).

That's just great. Now I really have something to look forward to this weekend. :-P

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Allie said...

tex is hot? seriously? yeah, he's got some warmness about him.

and can we talk about "Men in Trees"? I'm diggin on that show, so I'm sure it won't be around for too much longer.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger kcterrilynn said...

I love Studio 60 (but I've loved Aaron Sorkin since Sports Night so I'm totally biased). And Men in Trees is freakin' hilarious!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Tasty said...

Love the Studio 60.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home