Monday, April 30, 2007

The one about a wrong number on my voicemail

Hello.
Umm, okay, I'm sorry I didn't get anything for your birthday.
I tried to explain to you whu.. what ...

*sigh*
Alright.
*sigh*

Happy birthday.
I'm sorry, you know,
You're not exactly the easiest person to buy for.
I ... didn't, uhh, anticipate havin' a problem.
Umm ...
I say, everybody I've asked to frickin' to ... to ... to go with me that whatever
"Oh I gotta do something today" or "WE gotta do something" or this that and the other thing and ...
And you say "don't worry about it" and this that and the other thing.
It's like finally yesterday I said to hell with it, you know and freakin' ...
And that's the reason why.

But you know now, I think about it you know, it's like: "Hey."
I guess it's better to be WRONG about something and go pick something out that's totally frickin' hideous and at least say I, say I tried, and that's where I made my mistake.
You know from now on I'm not gonna frickin' rely on anybody else.
I'ma do it, I'ma take it on myself to take care of it.
Okay, I'm not gonna ask anybody else for another favor as far as helpin' ...
helpin' me out pick something out for anybody else. Ok?
And if it's wrong, then it's all on me.
Ok?
So, now, you know, w-what I, w-w-you know, what's goin on.
Alright.
So, if you're still mad at me, so be it.
I'm sorry.
I love you.
And ... happy birthday.

Bye.

15 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Wow. You get the BEST wrong number voicemails.

I always get a recording from Blockbuster telling me that movies are overdue. Except I don't have a Blockbuster account.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

doh! so he didn't get her a birthday present and now she thinks he didn't even call!!

sucks for him.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

J- Text just didn't capture the spectrum of the tone of his voice, from desperation, to anger, to resignation. If I can figure out how to record it without it sounding like me holding the phone up to a cheap webcam microphone, I'll post the mp3.

GoddamnitCrystalAnn- I was really tempted to call the number in my caller ID and tell him that I was moved to tears, but I don't think that would help.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Zelda said...

I hope you post it. It sounds great.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Esther said...

I kinda feel sorry for the guy, but really, such a long voicemail message?

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

Have a heart man! Call the dude and tell him he left the message on the wrong phone or I'll talk about BSC, even in your comments! BSC! BSC! BSC! LOL! *smooch*

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Z- Still working on it.

3sth3r- I find it hard to feel sorry for a guy who uses "you're not the easiest person to buy for" as an excuse. Call it Social Darwinism, but that species should be exinct by now.

Peach- I looked up his phone number online using a reverse phonebook and a woman's name came up. Calling him might only make it worse.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger TheTart said...

You DO get the best wrong numbers!!!!

Smooch,
The Tart
; *

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Allie said...

how about

"the one about tiny updating"

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger christelpistol said...

i am TOTALLY with the Number on this.











that's how we roll.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Sorry Allie, but he's a bit busy right now taking care of what's really important. ;)

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Allie said...

beth.

i love you, i think you're hot and smart and swell.

but you MAY NOT make veiled references to the dirty dirty with the tiny tiny.

cause, damn!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Beth said...

LMAO! Okay, Allie, I will try to make no more references to any Tiny nastifications. :-D

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Brighton said...

Oh too funny, you should call him back and tell him, "that's ok...".

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Allie said...

poor tiny, you must be missing your girl to break out the Susan Tedeschi lyrics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home