Sunday, November 16, 2008

The dawn of a new era

I believe I have found a suitable replacement for my deceased automobile...

Driver's Side What you'll see

My new ride is a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe, with sport, premium, and navigation packages. Platinum graphite exterior, black leather interior, six-speed manual transmission, Bose audio, and a power moonroof. To paraphrase Tracy Jordan, I'm going to get so much "nice nice" that I'll have to grow a second dick. (Note: That theory has yet to be proven out.)

Where the hoes goes Mah grille

The best part is that I've already received my settlement from the Hummer's insurance company. I expected the Miata (which was totalled) to be valued at less than $6000, so with towing, rental car, storage, and taxes I was only counting on getting maybe $7000 all-in. I won't say how much more, but they valued the car much higher. In all, they very nearly matched how much I put down on the G. Yay!

7 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Ummm, wow.
Nice choice. :)
How's the throw in the stick shift? Snick, snick, like a Miata or is it longer?

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

J- Much longer, feels like a yardstick. First order of business is to fix that. Well, after I find a community as good as Miata.net with trustworthy reviews of products & retailers.

Throttle response isn't quite as good either. I drove the Miata one last time (even tho it was wrecked) and nearly redlined it starting from a stop. I was already used to the nearly-twice-as-big V6 in the G.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

OMH! Now, how did I miss the fact the Peach Wrangler's vehicle had been smooshed by a gas-guzzling, overweight Hummer???? WAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Nice ride though... 6 in the floor? I may have to saunter to TX...

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Peach- And it's got a backseat...

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I know absolutely nothing about cars, but that one looks nice.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Beth said...

The problem with Tracy Jordan's theory of a second dick is that the second dick is only as good as the first one. Trust me, you're much better off with the one you have now. ;)

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Beth: Did you just insult my dick?

(By the way, my dick is so big that my urologist keeps referring to my vasT deferens.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home