Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike

10pm -- Still no rain. Wind is gusting every once in a while, but no worse than a Texas thunderstorm. TV people say that the center of the storm will pass to the east of downtown, which probably won't make any difference for me. The further east though, the better for my parents and sister. Couple hours yet to go.

7:30pm -- It's a beautiful sunset out there, interesting orange clouds with very blue sky in between. The cloud cover was solid earlier, but there are breaks in it now. The wind is blowing quite a bit, but it's not at dangerous levels or anything. It sprinkled the TINIEST bit around 5. I wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't been outside.

4:45pm -- I don't want to promise that I'll live-blog the event or anything, since I've got a houseful of refugees who know nothing about my blog and it might make them suspicious, but I'll try to post some updates once in a while. There is currently no rain and the wind is just beginning to consistently blow.

Background info: Go to your Googlie mapper and enter "Westheimer @ Chimney Rock, Houston". That'll show you approximately where I am. It's a good 40 miles from the coast and, if memory serves, over 50' above sea level.

7 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

Be safe.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger PDgirl said...

Good to know you're safe thusfar. Continue to be so! I'm thinking of you!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

Hope you are well TH. I heard that about 4 million of you are without power... and I assume that means you.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Mike said...

You can't just blog the start of the storm and not the end! Am I too assume you're trapped under rubble somewhere?

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Just spoke with Tinyhands a couple of minutes ago, around 9pm EST, and they're still out of power (which they lost at some point in the middle of the night last night). They seem to be doing fine except for feeling very hot and schweaty.

They're predicting even hotter weather tomorrow so pray that they get power back soon because a hot and cranky Tinyhands is not a pretty sight, trust me.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

Thanks for the update, Beth!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

so you dead or what

 

Post a Comment

<< Home