Wednesday, September 03, 2008

It's hard out here for a pimple

This is a hard subject to write about because of the audience, but maybe if I just get it out there it'll eventually get easier to talk about. At SOME point - but I'm not saying whether this hypothetical point is in the past, present, or still in the future - I will likely date again. And as hard as it may be to write about, it's even harder to actually do. Movies and television make it look like strangers meet up in the least likely of places: Standing in line to use the unisex bathroom, across the hallway in a West Village walkup, or seated next to each other in first class on a flight to some sexy destination like Birmingham, AL. While I admit that I never lived in NYC to test that theory, I have hung out around a LOT of public bathrooms and, while it wasn't first class, I did recently take a flight to B'ham. I did not meet anyone at either of these locations. (On to Plan B.)

A more realistic scenario, I'm told, is that men and women meet in bookstores, grocery stores, and coffee shops. Something about buying stuff makes people horny, I guess. I can't even stand the smell of coffee, so that's right out. I do spend a lot of time at Half-Price Books (free plug for the hpb) but I have yet to see anyone worth meeting, so I guess you can't look for discounts when it comes to true love. And I fully admit that I'm just too juvenile to pick anyone up at the grocery store. "Hey, I like your melons. Check out my meat."

(coming soon, Plan C and the exciting conclusion)

8 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

you can always meet them on the internet and then tell everyone you met at starbucks because you're too embarrassed to admit that you met on the internet.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, man, internet dating. What are you waiting for? Do it for the blog if nothing else.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

I met mine at work. Office romances are clearly the best way to hook up.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

I would make friends with a guy who has a hot/interesting girlfriend and then steal her. That's how I did it.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

GDCA- Why would I be embarassed to admit that I met someone online? I met my last g/f online and that was great even if it didn't work out. I also met you online... oh, I see your point.

ikeMay- Just you wait...

J- Except that, as we all know, I'm not currently employed. ;) I wrote about a near miss at work a long time ago. There's another, more recent story to tell, someday. I'll drop this teaser though: It doesn't have a happy ending (entendre intended) either.

Z- If only Jethro would ever leave us alone together...

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Traci Dolan said...

Are you leaving the big city? I have an extra bed!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger tinyhands said...

Peach: EXTRA bed? I thought you had A bed. :(

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Zelda said...

Alas, eternal promises and whatnot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home