Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The time has come

With a title like that you'd probably think that I was giving up blogging, getting married, buying chunky-style peanut butter, or some other life-altering decision, but it's not that big a deal, I guess. I am giving up my time-honored tradition of only posting updates at 11:59PM. If you've read my blog from the beginning, you'd know that I chose 11:59PM because I can never remember whether 12AM is midnight or noon and I wanted to post late at night. But I am now very old and can barely stay awake past 9PM anymore, so if I'm ever going to post again, I'll have to change with the times. (get it? change with the times? see what I did there?)

Another change that I'm making is that I've enabled the ability to post to my blog via email. I never enabled that feature before because I was afraid of someone guessing my secret email address. For real. But I've now given myself the freedom to post updates any time I have access to email, which is just about any time. I still don't have one of those fancy iPhones or anything though. In fact, I'm still rockin my black Moto Razr, which turns 5 years old this month. My contention is that my phone is so old, it's cool again. It's retro, like disco, which once sucked but then was cool again. It's got the original battery and all the original parts, so why would I want to spend $300 plus an additional $30 per month (minimum) for a data plan? Everyone I know who has an iPhone suffers 10x more dropped calls than I do, regardless of whether they're on AT&T or another network with a jailbroken phone. And I know they can't go a full day without recharging, so fook that. But I digress...

I know you don't care what time of day it is, since you're going to read this whenever you damnwell feel like it. And I know you don't care whether I posted this via laptop, a desktop, a smartphone, or via Flintstones typewriter with the little bird inside who pecks away at a block of stone. Presumably you want to know what's going on with me. I realize that's a very egocentric thing for me to say, but hello? Have you read my blog?

2 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger DeAnna said...

So...what's going on with you?

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

What did you do to that battery to keep it the original one? Give it the shock treatment?

I'm glad you're getting old, if that's what it takes to give you freedom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home