Thursday, February 24, 2011

You've got a 6th toe on your left foot? On the right?

Although I watch a lot of TV, and by a lot I mean a LOT, I always make time to read before turning out the lights. What passes for non-fiction on TV is garbage (hello, History Channel, I'm talking to you) so I gravitate to the sitcoms. For example, I'm downright giddy that Californication is back in its 4th season. Not that I'm unhappy about Top Gear coming back for it's 16th. But when it comes to books, I don't know, I just can't go for fiction unless it's funny. I was only moderately imaginative as child and though I'm still very childish I like to think I'm still imaginative. When people ask me to Guess What? I take it as a challenge. I just lost my taste for fictional literature along the way, including losing my belief in the supernatural. I've been around for a while now and seen some pretty incredible stuff. For a time, I barely engaged my senses, but I have seen the light. To fully experience the beauty the world has to offer takes all five senses. I can't help but think that if there was a sixth, especially the ability to read other people's minds, it would all become ugly again.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

I don't watch TV. Not really. A friend at work does though, and she always prefaces her commentary about TV shows with the statement of, "I know you don't watch TV, but..." and then I get caught up on all the TV shows that she watches.

When you watch TV, what senses do you engage?

P.S. I would never want to read someone's mind. I would rather disillusion myself into believing that all men think I'm super hot, than to know they were just wondering why I look like I just passed gas (or something equally as disturbing).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home